Well, tomorrow I will be 33 weeks pregnant with Connor Daniel and Aiden Patrick. Kevin and I can't wait to meet them! I meant to start a blog sooner, but am just getting around to it now.
So I guess to sum up what I have not posted this pregnancy.... So far, it has been great (as great as it can be considering I am gigantic and can barely move at this point!). Kevin and I found out we were pregnant on February 20, 2009. We were surprised, but really excited! Three days later, I was having some complications and we feared the worst. I went into the doctor, ended up having an ultrasound and our one surprise became two! We found out we were expecting twins on February 23rd! Their official due date is October 24th.
It's TWINS!
I had a bit of a hard time with morning sickness in the first trimester and part of the second. It was pretty tough considering I was working tax season hours (minimum of 55 per week). Somehow, though it actually went by pretty fast and I got through it. Kevin did all the cooking and cleaning and basically took over the house work so that I could rest when I got home from work.
We found out that we are having 2 boys when I was 17 weeks pregnant! That weekend the shopping began. :)
We had two showers which were lovely. People were so generous and we got so much stuff for the boys! I think they have more clothes than Kevin and I do now. :) I can't wait for them to be able to wear them all.
As for the nursery, my grandma bought us one of our cribs and our changing table, my parents bought us the other crib, and Kevin's parents bought us their mattresses. The nursery is ready now, and I am really happy with the way it turned out.


This past week we had a little bit of a scare that these boys were trying to make an early arrival! I was having terrible pains in my lower stomach that were so bad, that I had to pull over while driving and was almost in tears. I went into the doctor and ended up in the hospital all day because I was having contractions. They gave me an IV, which didn't stop them, then a shot which eventually worked. We were able to go home that night. I can't go back to work until Tuesday, which is kind of nice because it was starting to get a little overwhelming and I needed a break. The doctor took a pre-term labor test, and it came back negative meaning the odds of me going into labor in the next 1o days are very small. We want these little guys to keep cooking.
As of this past Monday, Connor and Aiden are both breech, so it looks like I will have to have a C-section. There is still hope that they will flip, but according to the doctor and nurses it's pretty unlikely. They weighed 4lbs 14oz and 4lbs 11oz on Monday and were in the 91st and 85th percentile. They are big healthy little guys so far. :) Kevin and I feel so blessed and can't believe that they will be here shortly. If I haven't gone into labor on my own, we will have a scheduled C-section when I am 38 weeks along (around October 10th).
We are so excited! This pregnancy has actually gone by really fast! In a way I feel like I have been pregnant forever, but then again it has flown by so far. I am hoping these next few weeks go by quickly. I am very uncomfortable now and can't wait to be able to move again and meet these little guys! :)
Connor around 22 weeks
Aiden doesn't like getting his picture taken. We have never gotten a good picture of his face. This is the best 3d ultrasound picture we have of him (his spine). He wants to surprise us!
Aiden
Aiden's little hand
Connor Profile
Connor 27 weeks
Connor's little feet
Friday, September 4, 2009
The first post....Pregnancy
Posted by Lauren M at 8:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment