


I haven't updated this in quite some time! Our little guys don't leave me much time during the day to do much of anything. :) Aiden is on my lap as I type this. :) Connor has discovered his hands and now loves his jungle gym! He is on that playing! Neither of them have slept since Kevin left for work this morning at 7:30. It's 11 now!
They are absolutely amazing! We love them so much! They are a ton of work, but they are wonderful. I am home now almost every day with them by myself. Some days go great, some I am in tears! There are days where I literally won't have more than a minute without a crying baby. They tend to wake each other up, so many times one crying baby turns into two! They sleep much better at night now though, which is nice. They still wake up every 3 hours to eat, but usually sleep well in between feedings. We have been sleeping downstairs with them most nights since they came home. We started a bad habit! Some nights, I will take one of the babies up to our bedroom and they will sleep on the boppy in the bed next to me. They have yet to sleep in their cribs at night. We are going to try to get them in their cribs every night by the end of next week. :) We will probably have a few long nights, but it will be so nice once they sleep in their cribs.
It is amazing how quickly they have grown! I can't believe these were my little 4 and 5 lb babies. Connor is 12 lbs now, and Aiden is almost 10. They have grown out of most of thier newborn clothes and newborn diapers. I am still procrastinating boxing up all the clothes! I just haven't been able to do it yet! They wear 3 months now, and Connor probably won't fit in those too much longer!
It is so neat to watch their little personalities developing. They are so much more alert now. They both love watching tv! They love tummy time too! Aiden is a fussier baby because he has reflux. I feel so bad for the little guy. His belly is always bothering him. He is on Zantac now and it has been helping some. We feel so bad for him. It seems to hurt him so much just to eat. :( I really hope it gets better soon! Poor little guy. He also has hemangiomas. They are vascular birth marks. He has a few on his head and some on his chest and legs as well. They are supposed to go away by the time he is two or so. They don't bother him at all. He goes to a dermatologist at Rainbow Babies and Children's for them. I feel bad that he has them, but I realize that they don't bother him at all! :) By the time he is old enough to have them bother him, they should be gone. Connor herniated his umbilical, but the Dr. said that it shouldn't be a problem. Besides that, our boys are happy healthy little guys! :)
We miss daddy lots during the day! It is so much easier at night when he gets home! Kevin is a wonderful dad! My mom is back at work now, but she was such a help! She has still been helping us out! My parents came and watched the boys for a few hours on Saturday night so Kevin and I could go out for a date night. We missed our little guys, but it was so nice to have dinner together! It was the first time we had been out to dinner since our anniversary in August. We haven't had the chance since the babies came and I really hadn't felt up for it at the end of my pregnancy. We had a really nice time. :)
Walks are another lifesaver! The boys love them! They sleep the entire time! On nicer days, I go for nice long walks all around Lakewood. Too bad it is getting cold.... I wish we lived somewhere warm! We can't wait until we are able to take them out more. So far, the only places we have taken them are: for walks, the doctor's, the zoo, and the pumpkin patch. I think things will be much easier once we are able to take them places. :)
I can't believe our little guys are 9 weeks old already! Time is going by SO FAST!



Monday, November 16, 2009
Life with Twins!
Posted by Lauren M at 9:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment